Clients want sophisticated, engaging pitch conversations
- Highly experienced leading or supporting complex, high-value legal tenders and coaching winning pitch teams
- Expert commercial strategist for vital retention and must win accounts
- Strong on building collaboration across teams to create winning content to any deadline
Adept at working successfully in a partnership culture
Helping demystifying digital while explaining how you add value
- Bags of winning working with web masters, graphic designers, SEO and PPC experts to create imaginative, winning proposals and funky pitches
- Change tech speak into exciting plain English ideas we understand and want to buy
- Personal coaching to create precise, winning messages and stunning pitch performances
Familiar with the competing deadlines you face daily
Delivering pitches that excite and reassure your clients
- Accomplished at managing complexity while quickly gaining the trust of exceptional people
- An independent, caring coach who brings out the very best in your talent with a team approach
- Very experienced at collaboratively leading national and global teams to deliver winning results
A safe pair of hands for any pitch
Three things I love to do with you
Transform your pitch culture: pitching is an emotionally charged and costly business activity. Getting it right consistently is the product of: living your brand values at every stage in the pitch process; equipping your pitch team with storytelling skills that are persuasive and compelling; building pitch teams not just a few pitch stars; knowing what pitching properly means in your business and having the processes in place to make every pitch one you are proud to deliver.
I have developed a series of pitch tools and processes over the last 20 years that I can share with you. And better still because I have spent a lifetime in training and development I can work with you to embed these changes by transferring these skills into your business so your pitch win rate goes and stays up.
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” Anon
Coach senior players for career defining presentations and pitches: few of us are naturally equipped for the spotlight and presentational fears that can come with a rise to the higher levels in business. Are we good enough? What will they think of me? Even those of us with high confidence levels have skills to learn. What to say and how to say it precisely and concisely for example.
My business career includes several years as a BBC radio broadcasting journalist and a spell as Training Director of Plain English Campaign so writing and editing for others to deliver is routine for me. I regularly coach senior city players and CEO’s for big board and market moments.
“Performance are a mixture of everything: confidence; attitude; passion; and of course readiness.” Jurgen Kloop
Help you win a breakthrough tender or pitch that changes your life: One day we all aim for something we haven’t done before but know we can. Career and life defining moments that if handled right will transform not just our life but perhaps our whole business. Wining here also brings a terrific turbo boost to your self-esteem and that wonderful feeling that anything is possible. As a pitch coach I live for these moments too. By definition you are asking us to believe that you have the potential to do the work; deliver to a new scale; or value of project you can’t evidence from your track record. Opportunity rarely knocks on the same door twice so getting your breakthrough strategy right and then engaging with your client so you become the one they want will take more than you can imagine now. I have pioneered innovative and winning approaches in digital; legal; logistics; and lean consulting businesses where my clients have leapt up several leagues almost overnight.
“If you think you can, or think you can’t, you are probably right.” Henry Ford
This is should be a prospective customer’s number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.